Globe Life Insurance - This company is a scam.

Issue not resolved
Jul 04, 2012
review #329292

How can they get away with this? I bought a policy with this company 2 yrs ago.

I was told that the policy wud never increase, and they still have this false advertisement

on their website as well. Well I have been paying $55.99 for my grandmother for 2 yrs.

This mouth they increased it to $74.98. I clearly see where this is going, and now that I've

read some of the other reviews and 2 yrs. and over & $1300.00 to late. Im convinced that this company is a scam. Im not sending them another *** dime.

be9f461
Had an experience with Globe Life Insurance?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Hubert

May 10 Warner Robins, Georgia

I do not know what type policy the complaining people have had, but I had the Whole Life Policy on my wife for many years with no increase whatsoever. Sadly, she passed away in 2004 after about 10 years fighting cancer. Globe paid off $20,000 within a ten day period after her death. I wholeheartedly endorse Globe. People should read the policy in full before complaining. To my belief it is the cheapest, best policy around.

1 0 Reply
noissues

Dec 16, 2013

I have had my childrens policies with Globe Life for more than 5 years and have not had any of these issues with them...I pay the bill online every 6 mos or yearly depending on how I wish at the time. The kids premiums have never gone up and the only thing I cant verify is how they would be if I had to cash one in (god forbid)...

Sep 11, 2013 Omaha, Nebraska

I'm not familiar with their advertisements, but they are accredited with the BBB. It sounds like either you didn't fully read what was sent to you or you applied for a different policy than what you were reading about. Not all of the policies are the same.

Mar 19 Morgantown, West Virginia

They are a customer service scam and they know what millions other warn you about and when it happens to you like it did me. BE WARNED DON'T BUY GLOBE LIFE INSURANCE THEY SCAM YOU!!!! PUT YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS IN YOUR LOCAL BANK IN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT AND YOU WILL BE 100% SAFE AND YOU WILL ALSO GET INTEREST ON YOUR MONEY. DON'T FALL PREY TO GLOBE!!!!!

0 1 Reply
shay

Jan 11, 2013

from day one it was nothing but trouble with globe ins co. First they said they had to speak to my son to get his approval for me to set up a policy for him because of state i live in. my son works out in field with no assess to ph from 7a-5p mon-fri. globe closes after 5p and opens after 7 and not open weekends.After 3 months of calling a supervisor approves my policy. I set it up auto withdraw from my bank and after a month got letter my policy was deliquient. I called again and supposedly they set it up this time for auto debit. Same thing happened following month. I called again and supervisor set up auto debit. Then i started getting 2 payments come out each month on one policy. I called and globe told me that it wasnt happening and only one payment was coming out. i faxed copy of withdrawals from bank to them and they said didnt receive them. I went to my bank and stopped auto draft but my bank informed me that i needed to call globe and cancel policy or my bank would charge fee if globe submitted draft to bank. I called globe to cancel policy and was told only my son could cancel policy that i was beneficiary for and made payments on. I spoke with supervisor who states she cancelled policy. How much u wanna bet i still get debit of one payment this coming month? After 7 months of dealng with globe i have called multiple times every month so i know i would never get my money if my son died.. This company is a thief and fraud.

Jan 08, 2013

I'm having the same issues with Globe life. I have only had the policy for 3 months and they are already trying to increase my monthly payment by over $2.00 a month. I'm getting out now before it gets worse. I also looked at the Better Business Bureau website about this company and they give it an A+ rating but there have been 13 complaints against them since October of 2012, that's a lot of recent complaints, which to me is not a good sign.

Insurance Expert

Nov 29, 2012

If you are having problems with Globe Life Insurance you should contact The Center for Life Insurance Claims. They help people with many issues such as yours.

nathan

Oct 09, 2012

overreactorsannoynomous is a liar. It is the company's responsibility to describe their product to the consumer, not just give them a piece of paper and expect them to understand everything.

Shaun

Sep 12, 2012

Sounds like overreactorsannoynomous is in on the scam or sells this insurance as well.

False Info and Advertising

Sep 04, 2012

The Globe mail brochure reads, "$1.00 pays for the first month. Then the rate is based on your children's or grandchildren's present age and is guaranteed to stay the same for the rest of their life." So the advertising says one thing and the policy says something else. Ouch!

overreactorsannoynomous

Jul 24, 2012

It sounds like you didnt read your policy booklet that was sent to you. Your policy will detail out exactly how you premium schedule works. It also sounds like you misunderstood what they mean by your Rates dont increase. The term policy with Globe has a rate schedule where your premiums increase accordingly. If you had looked at your policy it would have shown this information. Also if you had read it in the first 30 days and didnt agree with the terms you could cancel with a full refund or getting your policy changed to whole life coverage that is level. It is your responsibility to read and understand the policy, not the other way around. Nobody lied to you.

1 0 Reply
REALITY OF FALSE ADVERTISING

Dec 16, 2012 Miami, Florida

I GET GLOBE LIFE JUNK MAIL CONSTANTLY. IT CLEARLY STATES IN LARGE FONT/PRINT, THAT THE PREMIUM PAYMENT NEVER INCREASES. THIS IS THE MAIN MARKETING POINT THAT THE COMPANY DRIVES HOME - SO YES, I CAN SEE WHY CONSUMERS WOULD FEEL DECEIVED AND CHEATED. SMALL PRINT IS THE SNEAKY TACTIC SOME COMPANIES USE TO WIGGLE OUT OF THEIR ORIGINAL MAIN SELLING TACTICS AND PROMISES.

PERIOD.

Wiselady

Feb 04, 2013

I agree with you, read the POLICY. I rec'd my whole life policy and according to the premium payment schedule I will pay Globle Life $55K for $20K life ins policy. I am 59 and ths policy will cover me till age 90. I canceled immediatley.

Spiffy

Aug 15, 2013 Camden, New Jersey

You must be from Globe Life Insurance to be defending them. Therefore, no one should listen to you defend the crooks! They scam whoever comes to them. It's a *** game.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.