Globe Life Insurance - This company is a scam.

How can they get away with this? I bought a policy with this company 2 yrs ago.

I was told that the policy wud never increase, and they still have this false advertisement

on their website as well. Well I have been paying $55.99 for my grandmother for 2 yrs.

This mouth they increased it to $74.98. I clearly see where this is going, and now that I've

read some of the other reviews and 2 yrs. and over & $1300.00 to late. Im convinced that this company is a scam. Im not sending them another *** dime.

More Review Details

Helpful? 39 Yes 39 53 No 53
Had the same issue 8 Yes 8
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 20 #961148 Oakland, California

I wish globe life was on the west coast I would cuss those country *** buzzards out.

Feb 24 #950227 Dallas, Texas

Your policy does not increase unless you request an increase.

Feb 24 #950222 Dallas, Texas

Hubert you are so correct in your reply.I just received $25,000 in a ten day span so I do know what their problem is other than Non Payment.

0 2 Reply
John Doe

Feb 23 #949646 Stamford, Connecticut

I got a spam email advertising Globe Life Insurance. That tells me to avoid Globe Life Insurance. They advertise through spammers and, therefore, are spammers!

May 10, 2014 #813830 Warner Robins, Georgia

I do not know what type policy the complaining people have had, but I had the Whole Life Policy on my wife for many years with no increase whatsoever. Sadly, she passed away in 2004 after about 10 years fighting cancer. Globe paid off $20,000 within a ten day period after her death. I wholeheartedly endorse Globe. People should read the policy in full before complaining. To my belief it is the cheapest, best policy around.

1 1 Reply

Dec 16, 2013 #759522

I have had my childrens policies with Globe Life for more than 5 years and have not had any of these issues with them...I pay the bill online every 6 mos or yearly depending on how I wish at the time. The kids premiums have never gone up and the only thing I cant verify is how they would be if I had to cash one in (god forbid)...

Sep 11, 2013 #715570 Omaha, Nebraska

I'm not familiar with their advertisements, but they are accredited with the BBB. It sounds like either you didn't fully read what was sent to you or you applied for a different policy than what you were reading about. Not all of the policies are the same.

0 1 Reply

Mar 19, 2014 #796703 Morgantown, West Virginia

They are a customer service scam and they know what millions other warn you about and when it happens to you like it did me. BE WARNED DON'T BUY GLOBE LIFE INSURANCE THEY SCAM YOU!!!! PUT YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS IN YOUR LOCAL BANK IN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT AND YOU WILL BE 100% SAFE AND YOU WILL ALSO GET INTEREST ON YOUR MONEY. DON'T FALL PREY TO GLOBE!!!!!

1 2 Reply

Jun 12 #994501 Jackson, Mississippi

banks are not safe they stole scott saap of creed money the singer..banks dont pay good interest in the usa anymore barely 2 % it use be 7%-10% before all the wars...they charge you money to loan,,,banks can help with life insurance best choose best bank that accreddited plus buying stocks,saving bonds,treasury bills taxfree ones be good deal you can cash them out after the dates give to kids..............banks are not safe they report on money if you work dont pay taxes on your wages like moviestars do,,they jack you to make sure keep all your job work reciepts and on everything you buy and if you make over the 250,000 cap if its under you pay 19.9% plus state tax,,its taxfree money if you working on job keep all reciepts show you paid taxes on all your earnings,,best get interest free account,,they charge you tax on any interests earned like folks win lotteries best get a interest free account cause if you won 500 million after taxes you have 250 million left you earn 5% if you can see that be like 12.5 million after taxes on that interest you have maybe 5 million left taxfree money it take you 10 years get 50 million but you spend out on interest earned 125 million barely have 50 million from the interest plus your 250 million best to invest in coins,gold,bonds,stocks,,,cause you see how many stars there money vanish when they old or die or messed up on drugs,agents,managers folks take there money like fools,,,treasury bills cool also best invest in taxfree... Show more

Jun 07 #992272

Being "accredited with the BBB" means NOTHING! You can PAY to get a five star rating with the BBB--ABC news even reported on that scandal some time ago! Me and my family are currently going through *** with Globe Life and Accident insurance company as I write this because we have not received our death claim payment and it has been FIVE f*** months since our loved-one passed on! We're having to hire a lawyer to file a lawsuit! Globe Life (owned by Torchmark) is one of the WORST most DECEPTIVE and MOST UNRELIABLE companies and NO ONE should purchase life insurance from them or from ANY company owned by Torchmark! Just internet search these search terms to learn about the BBB pay a fee scandal: BBB PAY FOR RATINGS SCANDAL. (You'll find out real quick that a five star rating from the BBB can be BOUGHT!)

Jan 11, 2013 #592360

from day one it was nothing but trouble with globe ins co. First they said they had to speak to my son to get his approval for me to set up a policy for him because of state i live in. my son works out in field with no assess to ph from 7a-5p mon-fri. globe closes after 5p and opens after 7 and not open weekends.After 3 months of calling a supervisor approves my policy. I set it up auto withdraw from my bank and after a month got letter my policy was deliquient. I called again and supposedly they set it up this time for auto debit. Same thing happened following month. I called again and supervisor set up auto debit. Then i started getting 2 payments come out each month on one policy. I called and globe told me that it wasnt happening and only one payment was coming out. i faxed copy of withdrawals from bank to them and they said didnt receive them. I went to my bank and stopped auto draft but my bank informed me that i needed to call globe and cancel policy or my bank would charge fee if globe submitted draft to bank. I called globe to cancel policy and was told only my son could cancel policy that i was beneficiary for and made payments on. I spoke with supervisor who states she cancelled policy. How much u wanna bet i still get debit of one payment this coming month? After 7 months of dealng with globe i have called multiple times every month so i know i would never get my money if my son died.. This company is a thief and fraud.

Jan 08, 2013 #591045

I'm having the same issues with Globe life. I have only had the policy for 3 months and they are already trying to increase my monthly payment by over $2.00 a month. I'm getting out now before it gets worse. I also looked at the Better Business Bureau website about this company and they give it an A+ rating but there have been 13 complaints against them since October of 2012, that's a lot of recent complaints, which to me is not a good sign.

Insurance Expert

Nov 29, 2012 #575690

If you are having problems with Globe Life Insurance you should contact The Center for Life Insurance Claims. They help people with many issues such as yours.

Oct 09, 2012 #552823

overreactorsannoynomous is a liar. It is the company's responsibility to describe their product to the consumer, not just give them a piece of paper and expect them to understand everything.

Sep 12, 2012 #540964

Sounds like overreactorsannoynomous is in on the scam or sells this insurance as well.

False Info and Advertising

Sep 04, 2012 #537964

The Globe mail brochure reads, "$1.00 pays for the first month. Then the rate is based on your children's or grandchildren's present age and is guaranteed to stay the same for the rest of their life." So the advertising says one thing and the policy says something else. Ouch!

Apr 01 #966652 Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Globe sells Whole Life for Kids and 5 year banded term to adults. It states that clearly in their advertisements.

Jul 24, 2012 #518608

It sounds like you didnt read your policy booklet that was sent to you. Your policy will detail out exactly how you premium schedule works. It also sounds like you misunderstood what they mean by your Rates dont increase. The term policy with Globe has a rate schedule where your premiums increase accordingly. If you had looked at your policy it would have shown this information. Also if you had read it in the first 30 days and didnt agree with the terms you could cancel with a full refund or getting your policy changed to whole life coverage that is level. It is your responsibility to read and understand the policy, not the other way around. Nobody lied to you.

1 0 Reply

Dec 16, 2012 #582713 Miami, Florida

Feb 04, 2013 #603911

I agree with you, read the POLICY. I rec'd my whole life policy and according to the premium payment schedule I will pay Globle Life $55K for $20K life ins policy. I am 59 and ths policy will cover me till age 90. I canceled immediatley.

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.